Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a creative, motivated Principal Scientist to develop and deploy methods to characterize the drug substance and drug product. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking, collaborating and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Work closely with the process development teams to characterize the material being produced through process improvements.
- Collaborate with the preclinical pharmacology teams to understand the impact of these critical quality attributes on toxicology and efficacy.
- Deploy high throughput versions of the methods to assess 1,000s of preclinical test agents with the scale-out team
- Provide hands-on support in characterization methods for drug substance and drug product
- Develop methods to quantify critical quality attributes through chromatography, LC-MS, or other methods
- Work closely with CROs in specific cases to develop specific assays
- Work with the process development team to characterize impact of process improvements
- Work with raw material vendors to assess critical quality attributes of raw materials; develop methods to characterize raw material attributes
- Support IND enabling manufacturing batches
- Oversee and manage tech transfer of analytical methods to QC CRO
- Build an analytical development group and support a culture of enabling an engaged pioneering mindset
- PhD+ 7 years industry experience, MS+10 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of experience developing therapeutics-focused technology platforms
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Expertise in nucleic acid analytical method development
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program