Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing technology, a new approach to genome engineering designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing systems hold the potential to create a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a Manager of Search & Evaluation. The candidate will support the external-facing innovation engine to complement Tessera’s internal platforms by staying up-to-date and evaluating new data and publications in the field. Qualified candidates should have an extensive scientific understanding of molecular biology to enable these assessments, as well as a demonstrated history of organizational and communication skills to track and report findings to the team for discussion. This position will make important contributions to inform outreach, R&D, and intellectual property strategy.
- Develop a deep scientific understanding of Tessera’s Gene Writing platforms
- Identify and evaluate relevant publications to assess the value of new innovations
- Establish and maintain a database of relevant papers, labs, and technologies
- Prioritize and communicate analyses that will aid in Tessera’s drive to establish and maintain leadership in the rapidly moving field of genetic medicine
- PhD with emphasis in Chemical Engineering or Biological Sciences, including Genetics, Molecular/Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Synthetic Biology, Microbiology, or Immunology.
- Familiarity with gene editing or genome engineering is required, with preference for laboratory or industry experience in these areas preferred.
- Ability to rapidly survey literature to identify key concepts and perform critical data analyses.
- Strong organizational and synthesis skills for digesting and communicating analyses.
- Eager to interface and collaborate with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and technical setting.
- Basic familiarity with reviewing patent applications is preferred, though not required.
- Experience communicating with external experts and key opinion leaders is a bonus.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.