Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for conducting analytical assay development and routine analytical testing support. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- Design, develop, optimize, and qualify bioanalytical assays
- Perform data trending regularly and set assay specifications
- Present data and communicate effectively with cross-function groups
- Follow and author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical reports
- Develop and qualify controls/standards, perform regular data trending, set assay specifications, and perform method qualification
- Perform routine analytical testing to support process development, cGMP investigations, product characterization, and process understanding (DDPCR, ELISA, cell-based assays, endotoxin, pH, osmolality, SDS-PAGE/CE-SDS, HPLC)
- Independently perform data analysis, ELN documentation, & peer review of data
- Associate’s degree in Biological or related fields with a minimum of 7 years of research experience in an industry setting, Bachelor’s degree in Biological or related fields with a minimum of 5 years of research experience in an industry setting
- Previous laboratory experience in research, academic, or industry environment required
- Strong molecular biology skillset required (qPCR, ELISAs, restriction digestions, mammalian cell culture)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented with a positive and innovative attitude
- Strong organizational, communicative, and analytical skillset
- Independent contributor passionate about benchwork and optimization/troubleshooting
- Previous experience with DDPCR strongly preferred
- Previous experience with fast-paced multidisplinary labwork preferred
- Previous experience with HPLC, LC-MS, and CE preferred
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.