Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking to expand the R&D team by recruiting a talented, innovative automation engineer to support integrated screening platforms for our discovery programs. As automation specialist you will play a leading role in building and continuous improvement of high-throughput screening platforms composed of liquid handlers, plate reader, flow cytometer, high content imager, and data capture software for biologics discovery. You are expected to collaborate closely with the members from wet lab and dry lab groups to generate high quality data to enable machine learning model development for drug discovery (antibody and mini proteins). You will play a leading role in developing new workflows, programming, operating and maintenance of HTS/HCS platforms. Proficiency in automation scheduling, data collection, data analysis, instrument calibration, maintenance is critical. This is an exciting opportunity to build highly innovative technology platforms in collaborative environment of a well-funded biotech startup.
- Work closely with assay development scientists to perform HTS and HCS campaigns, and streamline data analysis workflow linking to the internal LIMS.
- Adapt bench level assays to full automation by developing automated workflows supporting biochemical, cell-based antibody binding, functional and internalization assays.
- Collaborate with protein engineers as well as data scientists and machine learning engineers in a matrix environment.
- Work with service engineers for repairs to ensure HTS/HCS uptime.
- Work with external vendors to bring in new technologies and instrumentation.
- BSc or MSc in engineering, biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years of research experience with the ability to succeed in a collaborative, highly matrixed environment.
- Experience in lab automation and robotic integration in high throughput screening platforms, Thermo, HighRes.
- Knowledge and expertise in operating and programming integrated laboratory automation, Biomek, Tecan, and other liquid handling systems.
- Expertise in varies HTS platforms and demonstrated proficiency in running HTS workflows.
- A highly motivated, self-directed scientist/engineer with ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage several projects.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively as part of a team.