What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 75, Inc is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to join our Translational Biology team. This individual will be part of the team that is responsible for the design and execution of cell-based assays for testing the activity of biologicals. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of biologics in a highly collegial environment.
- Establish mammalian stable cell lines expressing biological targets, from plasmid design to bacterial culture, cloning, transformation, Sanger sequencing confirmation, DNA isolation, cell transfection, and cell culturing.
- Characterize gene expression in mammalian cells using flow cytometry, microscopy, and qPCR.
- Design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments as well as data analysis.
- Develop sensitive high-throughput and automated assays to investigate the activity of engineered biological molecules.
- Design cell assays tailored to specific biological targets.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- BS/MS in the biological sciences (synthetic biology, biological engineering, or related field) and 2+ years of industry experience
- Understanding of genetic engineering tools applicable to mammalian cells, including design of editing RNAs and accompanying verification strategies
- Hands-on laboratory experience with cell line development and cell engineering techniques, including routine propagation of mammalian cells, multiple transfection reagents/methods, and assessments of cell health and viability
- Experience with recombinant DNA cloning techniques, including restriction cloning, Golden Gate assembly, Gibson assembly, and PCR-based assembly
- Experience with virus titration methods, copy number determination, integration site analysis, and molecular biology techniques, such as qPCR, ddPCR, and/or flow cytometry
- Experience with or exposure to genetic engineering tools to primary immune cells and/or mammalian bioproduction hosts, such as CHO or HEK293T cells strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and support a team of researchers
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment and ability to adjust workload based on changing priorities
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.