What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 75, Inc is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate to join our Protein Sciences and Antibody Discovery team. This individual will be part of the team responsible for the design and discovery of therapeutic proteins and multi-specific protein reagents such as bispecific antibodies. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of biologics in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Contribute to the discovery, optimization, and production of antibodies and other biologics molecules of interest to the company.
- Clone/generate plasmid DNA constructs for antibody and protein expression.
- Develop and implement antibody discovery workflows.
- Evaluate specificity, affinity and biophysical properties of discovered antibodies.
- Collaborate with the in vivo and biological sciences teams to effectively characterize the biological properties of candidate antibodies.
- Present results, conclusions and next steps clearly and succinctly to the team.
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions.
Desired Qualifications and Capabilities
- BS/MS in biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, or related disciplines
- At least two years of hands-on experience working in academic or biotech settings with a combination of antibody discovery, expression, purification and characterization.
- Experience with the following:
- Gene design, vector construction, and protein expression.
- Cell culture and large-scale transient transfections for protein expression.
- Protein characterization using SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ELISA, Octet and/or SPR
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to leaders, teams, academic collaborators, or partners.
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
- Display-based technologies, humanized mouse platforms and other antibody discovery tools
- Experience with Flow cytometry and FACS
- Familiarity with mass spectrometry
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.