Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for a research associate who brings enthusiasm, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new endless RNA medicines for patients.
- Design, perform and analyze in vitro and ex vivo experiments to investigate the cellular effects of eRNA e.g. immunogenicity, protein/antigen expression, and various cellular readouts
- Analyze in vivo data from preclinical animal models
- Conduct cutting-edge eRNA research and apply to vaccine and therapeutic applications.
- Conduct experiments using state-of-the-art molecular and cell biology techniques
- Establish and culture mammalian cell lines.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated research team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation practices.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in immunology, biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology, or related discipline
- 2+ years experience with Master’s degree or 4+ years experience with Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with cell based assay to understand immunological effects of endless RNA treatments (tissue culture, Flow cytometry, FACS, ELISA, ICS, ELISPOT)
- Experience with biochemical and molecular biology techniques- PCR, gel analysis, RNA transcription, western blot immunoprecipitation
- Critical data analysis skills, attention to detail and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience working with DNA and RNA
- Ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team, while being highly independent and self-motivated