Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new RNA-based medicines for patients.
- Design, execute and interpret in vitro and ex vivo preclinical studies
- Design and analyze preclinical in vivo studies
- Drive the preclinical pipeline development of vaccine programs from discovery to preclinical proof-of-concept and IND-enabling studies
- Support preclinical studies through oversight of interaction with contract research organizations and contribute to relevant data analysis
- Communicate scientific data and draw appropriate conclusions effectively.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of broader company scientific objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects and assist others outside of own project with troubleshooting and method development.
- Ensure high quality documents for regulatory submissions, manuscripts, abstracts and publications, and timely filing of intellectual property on novel and inventive discoveries.
- PhD in immunology, molecular virology, vaccinology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry or related disciplines
- Industry experience conducting and/or leading teams conducting research from discovery to preclinical development.
- Scientific knowledge in fields of immunology, virology or vaccinology
- Technical knowledge developing biochemical and cell-based assays (qPCR, FACS, flow cytometry, Western Blot, ELISA, ICS, ELISPOT etc…)
- Experience contributing to project strategy through participation on project teams.
- Demonstrates good judgement balancing technical feasibility, opportunity and impact on pipeline progression.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to capitalize on scientific creativity and insights.
- Motivated and creative problem-solver
- Proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in a relevant disease area e.g., infectious disease, immune-oncology, immune regulation
- Experience using analytical tools for quantification and characterization of RNA
- Experience managing CROs
- Familiarity utilizing NGS and NanoString data
- Experienced working with highly technical projects in a fast paced, entrepreneurial setting