Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a highly motivated, talented and detail-oriented automation engineer to join our team. In this role you will enable automation of DNA/eRNA production workflows and material QC, validate transition of bench-based protocols to automation, create new methods as well as optimize and modify existing liquid handling methods, develop and run monthly QCs to ensure instrument’s spec performance as well as troubleshoot and support onsite robotic systems.
- Enable implementation of novel methods on the liquid handling platforms across pre-clinical manufacturing
- Responsible for optimization of routine production workflows on automated platforms
- Train production team on robotic systems & oversee proper use and compliance
- Act as first line of defense for automation support needs
- Assist with implementation of automated workflows and sample tracking
- Coordinate experimental design and testing of bench-based protocols on automated platforms
- Perform monthly QCs on liquid handling platforms
- Continually seek out new technologies to aid in workflow optimization
- BS, MS in Engineering discipline (Bio, Biomedical or Mechanical) with 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- BS, MS in Molecular Biology with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with running, designing, programming, validating and implementing into production liquid handling methods to increase throughput, accuracy and walk-away
- Experience running and automating in-vitro assays
- Familiar with LIMS sample tracking.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with Hamilton liquid handling platforms.
- In-depth understanding of liquid class parameter optimization.
- Experience with GitHub (or similar) & database structures.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with diverse team in fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and able to rapidly learn new techniques
- Exceptional time management
- Flexible with priorities shift
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks to improve existing laboratory methods and processes.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.