Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
We are seeking a self-motivated and adaptable Research Associate with experience in utilizing primary immune cell based assays to play a key role in the evaluation and development of Generate’s proprietary biomolecules. The successful candidate will work within our Medicines team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will play an integral role in establishing industry standard and novel immune based assays. The ideal applicant should have a strong background in development of assays to determine immune cell function, with a background in general dendritic cell biology and co-culture experience (including antigen uptake, processing and presentation). Interest towards innovation in complex cell-based assays is highly desirable for the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the proper design and execution of protein, cell and tissue-based experiments, data analysis and interpretation, documentation, and presentation of findings. This is a position with high growth potential in a rapidly expanding company.
- Develop and execute assays to assess the immunological effects of Generate’s computationally designed protein-based therapeutics (primary cell culture, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine detection, etc.)
- Capture, interpret, visualize, and present data.
- Drive creative experimental design and troubleshooting to rapidly onboard new capabilities and prototype new ideas.
- Play a major role in the establishment and expansion of internal capabilities and relationships with external CROs and collaborators to drive projects forward.
- Partner with protein engineers, data scientists and machine learning engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
- Bachelors in biology, immunology, pharmacy or related areas with 2+ years industry experience or Masters with 0+ years industry experience.
- Proficient with general mammalian cell culture techniques and experience with isolation, culturing and assay development using primary mammalian cells (e.g. immune, bone marrow, stem cells, etc.) required.
- Familiar with immunological techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunoassays such as ELISA & ELISPOT, in vitro and primary cell based assays (antigen loading, MLR, etc.).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute experiments, analyze data, and report conclusions.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Direct experience evaluating the immunogenicity of vaccines or therapeutics is a plus.
- Experience in high throughput testing of protein-based therapeutics is a plus.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in computational methods and/or coding a plus.