Who We Are
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is seeking to expand their Medicines team by recruiting a talented and rigorous scientist to play a leading role in the development of its immunogenicity assessment capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to join our team at a critical stage of its development where you will lead efforts to productionize industry standard workflows while investigating novel biology and pioneering new methodologies in the immunogenicity space. You will play an integral role in the design and execution of immunogenicity assays, supporting company wide programs spanning various therapeutic modalities and disease biologies. You will be directly responsible for developing, standardized and qualifying immunogenicity assays, while actively collaborating with our Machine Learning, Computational Biology and Protein Sciences groups to automate processes and enable high-throughput analysis at an unprecedent scale. We are searching for an enthusiastic, innovative, well-organized, and self-motivated individual who is driven by process standardization to support regulatory filings (preIND and translational support) while equally excited to challenge what is considered “industry standard” to innovate and develop novel approaches and assays.
- Source, plan and establish immunogenicity assays for the assessment of Generate’s protein-based therapeutics
- Evaluate multiple assay formats to identify the most relevant assay for each project and modality.
- “Productionize” immunogenicity assays through automation, standardization and qualification to enable routine testing and ranking of therapeutic candidates during their development
- Support pre-clinical, IND-enabling immunogenicity assessment and preparation of regulatory filings.
- Develop and manage relationships with external CROs and collaborators
- Partner with protein engineers, data scientists and machine learning engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Drive creativity in experimental design and troubleshooting to rapidly onboard new capabilities and prototype new ideas
- Generate hypotheses and design experimental plans to validate novel approaches to the assessment and mitigation of protein immunogenicity
- Presentation and publication of findings and novel learnings at conferences and in academics/industry leading journals
Experience and Qualifications
- B. S. with 5-8+ years’ experience, M.S. with 3-6+ years’ experience, or Ph.D. with 2-3+ years’ experience in immunology, cell biology or a related field
- Direct experience in the assessment of immunogenicity of vaccines or proteins in an industry setting strongly preferred
- Fully proficient with general mammalian cell culture techniques, including isolating, culturing, and assaying primary human immune cells via standard immunological techniques, including multi-parameter flow cytometry and/or cell sorting, immunoassays such as ELISA and ELISPOT, in vitro and primary cell based assays (MLR, PBMC cultures, etc.)
- Direct experience performing in vitro immunogenicity assessment (including DC and T cell based assays)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, troubleshoot and execute experiments, analyze data, and report conclusions
- Experience with assay automation, utilization of robotics, high-throughput assay development and/or large scale data analysis a plus
- Ability to parallel process and prioritize multiple projects and modalities
- Flexibility to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and disciplines