Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
The Synthetic Biology group is seeking a Research Associate/Senior RA. The role will support the development of novel gene editing technologies to advance programs for proof-of-concept studies. This individual will join a collaborative team and have high growth potential.
- Being a key part of a team responsible for engineering new gene writing tools
- Mammalian and bacterial cell culture and familiarity with transfection and transduction
- High-throughput screening and selections
- BS/MS (non-PhD role) in biological sciences plus 2+ years of academic or industrial research experience
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (primer design, PCR, cloning)
- Experience with protein characterization assays (kinetics, stability, etc.) and general biochemistry technologies
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data, and good troubleshooting ability are required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Flexibility to work across multiple projects at once
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (Illumina, Nanopore, PacBio) library preparation
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in bioinformatics, scripting, and machine learning
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).