Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Generate Biomedicines is looking for a talented scientist to lead DNA engineering projects within our rapidly growing Protein Sciences group. The successful candidate will oversee high-throughput cloning workflows including DNA synthesis, construct assembly, transfers using liquid handling robots, sanger sequencing, and bulk data analysis. Design tailored cloning strategies across a variety of protein modalities and expression hosts, including selection of, or screening for, appropriate expression vectors, promoters, chimeras , chaperones, and tags. Leverage our NGS capabilities to inform project team decisions. Contribute to, and advise on, projects centered around machine learning-driven design of experiment, design of organism, or directed evolution. Work closely with our Informatics team in synchronizing archived lab samples to our database.
- Work with the DNA engineering team and Protein Sciences group to plan and execute high-throughput cloning workstreams
- Leverage state of the art liquid handling robots and data pipelining infrastructure to maximize the efficiency of DNA prep workflows
- Provide expertise to project teams in developing cloning and expression strategies across multiple protein modalities and expression hosts
- Maintain excellent quality control standards and archival practices across all DNA engineering operations at Generate.
- Expertise in modern cloning techniques
- Expertise in DNA quality control, bulk sequence analysis, and sequencing technologies, including familiarity with common NGS platforms
- Expertise in vector design and mammalian expression platforms
- Broad knowledge of modern protein tagging technologies, including tags for stability, detection, and purification
- Experience curating structured data and making database queries
- Experience working with liquid handling robots
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.