FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join our Exploratory Biology team to help us find and validate the next blockbuster drug target. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in molecular and cellular biology with experience working with cell lines/primary human tissues and performing and analyzing cell-based assays. Experience with cell imaging, signal transduction assays, and/or ligand-receptor assays desired. Knowledge of NGS and/or CRISPR techniques a plus. The candidate will be working closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Design, execute, and evaluate phenotypic and mechanistic assays to validate therapeutic targets from cell lines and primary human cells
- Test key data-driven hypotheses on gene/protein function and linkage to disease
- Determine gene expression, protein localization, and protein-protein interactions (with an emphasis on ligand-receptor systems) in cells/tissues and/or extracts
- Keep abreast of current literature and potentially lead external collaborations with CROs and academia
- PhD or MS with multiple years industry experience or equivalent in Cellular, Molecular, and/or Receptor Biology
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled, intellectually diverse teams in an industry environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery and target validation platform
- Experience with cell/tissue culture techniques
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals and conference proceedings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution, focused and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- >5 years of industry experience or equivalent in cellular, molecular, membrane biology or related field.
- Experience with imaging techniques possibly including semi-hi-thruput spatial profiling techniques such as the nanoString Digital Spatial Profiler
- Experience with receptor-ligand assays, signal transduction assays, and/or cytokine/chemokine/growth factor biology a plus.
- Knowledge of NGS, CRISPR and/or single cell profiling techniques a plus.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.