Generate Biomedicines is looking for an individual to be a part of a growing protein sciences department that is leveraging automated high-throughput platforms in multiple areas of protein production and characterization workflows. The individual will contribute to workflows that include protein expression, purification and characterization of proteins, at small scales in 24 and 96 deep well plate formats. They will work collaboratively with the Protein Science team in delivering purified and characterized proteins that help support multiple programs and platforms within Generate Biomedicines. This workflow will focus on production and characterization of antibodies, with occasionally including alternative protein modalities as well as supporting the reagent protein production group. This role will include execution of biophysical methodologies to characterize proteins for properties such as size, purity, aggregation and thermostability. They will be responsible for, optimizing throughput, designing experiments with the help of their supervisor, analyzing data and reporting back to the team, maintaining detailed records, and generating standard operating procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Routine maintenance of mammalian cell lines and transient protein expression
- Execution and optimization of high-throughput automated protein expression and purification workflows using liquid handling robots and Cytiva AKTA systems.
- Protein quality control and biophysical characterization methodologies to assess concentration, purity, stability, non-specificity, etc. of proteins, employing a variety of analytical equipment such as HPLC, Uncle, GX II, Lunatic.
- Detailed documentation of data on our internal LIMS systems, electronic notebooks as well as SOPs
- Technical Experience with:
- Protein expression using mammalian transient protocols
- Operation of liquid handling robots, HPLCs and FPLCs
- Protein characterization methodologies (eg: HPLC-based chromatographic methods for purity, hydrophobicity and charged variants assessments, purity methods using CE based equipment, etc)
- Large scale protein purification chromatography-based methods
- Deep understanding of:
- Antibody characterization
- Protein expression and purification
- Excellent attention to detail, documentation, and communication skills
Minimum Education Experience: B.S
Minimum Industry Experience: 1-3 years in Biotech/Pharma
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.