Generate Biomedicines is a privately-held biotechnology company that is pioneering Generative Biology to bring control and intentionality to the development of medicines. Generate has developed a proprietary, multi-product Generative Biology Engine to create potent biologics in multiple therapeutic modalities. Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry. Flagship Pioneering creates, resources, and builds life science companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability. Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies since 2000, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate Biomedicines is seeking to expand the Research & Development team by recruiting a talented Scientist to play a leading role in the development of the Immuno-oncology and Inflammatory disease programs. This position will be responsible for assay development and design of experimental approaches to assess Generate’s proprietary biomolecules. The primary responsibilities of the candidate will include the design and execution of in vitro and in vivo assays to support multiple Immuno-oncology and Inflammation programs. In particular, the candidate will be involved in executing protein, cell, and tissue-based assays to support the advancement of the Generate biomolecules. The candidate will be responsible for the proper design and execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, documentation, presentation of work in internal meetings and in written reports. We are searching for an enthusiastic, innovative, well-organized and highly-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Generate hypotheses and design experimental plans to validate and further define the role of the properties of Generate’s proprietary biomolecules in vitro and in vivo
- Evaluate multiple assay formats to identify the most relevant assay for each project and modality
- Establish high throughput screening assays for multiple projects
- Plan and execute experiments to generate robust data packages to achieve company objectives
- Perform flow cytometry experiments to screen and characterize candidate proteins
- Assist with establishment and expansion of internal wet lab capabilities and relationships with external CROs and collaborators to drive projects from discovery to clinical entry
- Work closely with team members in the Generation Engine and Protein Engineering functions in a matrix environment.
- Presentation of findings, conference/webinar attendance and summary of the novel learnings.
Experience and Qualifications
- M.S./Ph.D. in Immunology, oncology or a related field with at least 2 years of industry experience in therapeutic discovery.
- Functional screening and characterization of antibody based therapeutics.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, isolation of immune cells from blood and tissue required, testing therapeutics in high throughput cellular assays is desired.
- Strong experience with immunological techniques including multi-parameter flow cytometry and/or cell sorting, immunoassays such as ELISA, in vitro and primary cell based assays (MLR, PBMC cultures, etc).
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and microbial cell culture
- Demonstrated ability to execute experiments, analyze data, and report conclusions
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and modalities and support the growing portfolio
- Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.