Laronde is a biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality endless RNA (eRNA) platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of a naturally occurring form of RNA allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Learn more about our platform at eRNA Science | Laronde .
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional Senior Research Associate to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate who brings enthusiasm, scientific rigor and a desire to develop novel eRNA therapies for patients.
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo studies to investigate the effects of eRNA on protein expression, cellular readouts and function in immortalized or primary cells.
- Design and effectively communicate experimental plans, conduct experiments with a sense of urgency using cutting-edge molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Establish and culture human primary cells and various mammalian cell lines.
- Ability to manage multiple laboratory activities in parallel with efficient time management.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated research team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Contribute to a positive and stimulating work environment with a creative and entrepreneurial culture.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biochemistry, molecular, and cellular, or related discipline
- 4 + years of experience with a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s with 6+ years of experience.
- Experience with in vitro assay development and techniques such as tissue culture, ELISA, enzymatic assays, RNA extraction, qPCR, Western Blot, and/or Flow Cytometry,
- Hands-on rodent in vivo skills not required but a plus.
- Willingness train in and assist in in vivo
- Critical data analysis skills, attention to detail and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation practices.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.