Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
Laronde is seeking a creative, motivated Senior Research Associate to join a team of scientist to establish and develop the scale-up process for IND enabling studies and clinical supplies. In this role you will assist in developing purification approaches to produce drug substance of appropriate quality attributes. You will interface with the operational, analytical and platform development teams to enable collaborative solutions. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Assist with experimental design and execution of different downstream unit operations including chromatography and membrane separations (e.g, tangential flow filtration, depth filtration, sterile filtration).
- Execute the experimental plan and interpret the results with minimal guidance.
- Perform chromatography experiments using AKTA and HPLC systems.
- Perform bench scale filtration experiments and assist with process scale-up.
- Troubleshoot lab workflows and maintain lab equipment.
- Provide high quality results and maintain high quality documentation in electronic lab notebooks.
- Execute unit operations for enzymatic reactions and assist in development of eRNA production capabilities to supply high quality pre-clinical drug substance and support platform development
- Draft protocols and prepare reports and presentations that support drug substance and drug product clinical development.
- Troubleshoot lab workflows, maintain equipment and support IND enabling manufacturing batches
- Collaborate effectively across development, analytical and scale-out teams to drive scientific initiatives.
- BS/MS or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- 3 or more years industry experience
- Strong technical understanding and experience with chromatography and membrane separations for nucleic acid or biologics is required.
- Involved in evaluation of novel technologies to improve the existing purification processes.
- Track record of planning experiments/projects and completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- A strong self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to details.
- Eager to work with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Prior experience with therapeutic purification development
- Hands on experience using separation instruments like HPLC, AKTA and TFF
- Experience and/or understanding in nucleic acid chemistry, enzymatic reactions, PCR, plasmid processing and standard analytical techniques such as CGE
- Experience with cell culture and analytical assays