Laronde is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. Our modular Endless RNA™ (eRNA) platform, will be supported by a large-scale digital and manufacturing infrastructure with the bold vision of 100 new medicines within the next decade. With eRNA, we’re making new therapeutics that will become essential medicines of the future to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas. Check out www.laronde.bio for more information on our vision and eRNA platform.
Laronde was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Laronde Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Laronde is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Research Associate/Research Associate to join our expanding research team. The Research Associate will work closely with a Senior Scientist in the platform team to design and execute experiments to advance our novel therapeutic platform.
- Design, synthesize, and characterize novel large nucleic acid constructs for therapeutic applications
- Design, execute and troubleshoot biochemical and cell-based assays to evaluate nucleic acid potency
- Collaborate with the development team to develop and implement novel production methods
- Report experimental plans and results to the scientific team
- Proactively review literature to contribute to new ideas and technologies
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related field
- Strong experimental skills with experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and/or assay development
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as PCR, qPCR, ELISA and/or Western blotting
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Confident, execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- 2+ years of laboratory research experience
- Experience with large nucleic acids
- Experience in RNA biology techniques including in vitro transcription