Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to join the Cell Therapy Process Development Team to leverage Tessera’s novel Gene Writing technology for ex vivo cell based therapies. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This represents an opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- The candidate will support cell based processes, including cell isolation, enrichment, transduction, expansion and cryopreservation.
- Evaluate and optimize cell processing techniques, support media and assay development studies.
- Perform in-process and product in-vitro cellular assays such as flow cytometry and functional characterization of gene-edited cells.
- Collect and interpret data, prepare experimental reports, and present results related to experimental studies.
- Support the development of standard operating procedures, batch records, and analytical sampling plans.
- Collaborate and support various process and analytical development groups within Tessera.
- BS/MS with 2-5 years of experience in Immunology or related field is required.
- Experience with immune cell isolation, enrichment, transduction (viral or non-viral), and expansion.
- Experience with primary immune cell culture or established cell lines is required.
- Analytical experience required: flow cytometry, ELISA, and qPCR.
- Excellent technical, written, and oral communication skills
- Has a passion for collaboration and is a dynamic individual hungry to join a thriving early-stage biotech environment.
- Experience with primary immune cell culture within closed systems.
- Experience with cGMP requirements and transferring processes to cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience with non-viral gene delivery and gene editing a plus.
- Working knowledge of design of experiments (DoE) and analysis.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.