Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of deterministic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and therapeutics that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with team leaders, team members and functional / executive leadership to develop and execute project plans
- Develop and extend scientific and technical knowledge to be a thought partner to the teams on the development of the best strategic and tactical plans
- Design, implement, and monitor integrated multidisciplinary project plans that enable the strategy and allow for data driven decision making, and ensure alignment on timeline and deliverables.
- Develop timelines (Gantt charts) for the tracking of deliverables and task interdependencies
- Effectively engages with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables
- Manage risk and change, administers budget and measures performance.
- Manages interdependencies and connections between functions and ensures visibility and alignment
- Identify and communicate program risks and resource limitations
- Contribute to the evolution of Project Management best practices
- Organize project meetings, prepare an agenda, maintain detailed notes and follow up on action items
Primary Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business-related field
- 7+ years biopharma industry experience, including minimum of 2 years with direct project management experience in biotechnology or pharma industries
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build alignement and drive resolution of issues while maintaining positive working relationships across functions
- Ability to apply basic project management principles including, but not limited to, identifying critical paths, building and communicating timelines, defining milestones and methods for setting expectations and accountability.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet and other PM management workspace collaboration tool.