FL-82, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company developing a novel cell therapy platform. FL-82 is leveraging single cell transcriptomics to identify novel cell types to treat or cure a range of diseases including infectious disease, rare genetic disease and cancer.
FL-82, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering in the Flagship Labs innovation foundry, where companies such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT), Sana Biotechnology, and Indigo Agriculture were conceived and created. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and 50+ clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate in Immunology to join our passionate team of scientists. You will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in building our proprietary discovery platform. You will implement platform tools and create new technologies to discover new disease targets based on our proprietary insights in molecular biology.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. He/She will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting of in vitro culture of human and mouse primary cells
- Development and execution of in vitro protocols for assaying cell function and differentiation
- Design, development and execution of in vivo protocols for oral delivery, and assaying uptake and efficacy at gastrointestinal sites
- Microscopy for analyzing primary cell types
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company.
- Masters in Immunology, GI Biology, Cell Biology or related field, with an emphasis in primary cell culture.
- 2+ years of industry experience is preferred
- Experience in immunology, cell sorting and cell function assays
- Experience in in vivo models of gastrointestinal function preferred
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with attention to detail and eagerness to contribute ideas.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Candidate must be confident, execution-focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment