Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of deterministic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and therapeutics that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Generate is seeking a talented Head of Cell Therapy Platform to help drive our platform expansion into optimizing cell therapies across multiple indications. You will help define the exploration strategy and build a team to apply our proprietary Generative Biology platform to some of the most challenging problems in the field. You will partner with our world class machine learning team to build and optimize high-throughput assays for rapid generate-test-learn cycles and progressing lead compositions towards the clinic. The successful candidate is highly entrepreneurial, technically deep, scientifically creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Help build and execute on the scientific strategy for rapid prototyping and build out of Generate’s machine learning platform in cell therapy
- Build and lead a team of scientists pushing boundaries in machine learning applied to cell therapies, including but not limited to chimeric antigen receptor engineering and optimized cellular function
- Design and build high-throughput synthetic biology and screening workflows for optimized cell therapy function across libraries of designed variants
- Analyze and interpret results throughout each round of screening with a keen eye towards iterative optimization and therapeutic value creation
- Collaborate with a diverse team of machine learning scientists, protein engineers, and translational scientists
Pivotal Experience & Expertise:
- A proven scientific leader with 5-8 years of cell therapy related experience or in CAR-T development
- PhD in cell biology, synthetic biology, genetics, molecular biology, systems biology, biomedical engineering, or a related field
- Experience in CAR-T field and engineered cell therapy function
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to synthesize information rapidly and effectively
- Ability to parallel process multiple projects and work streams
- Entrepreneurial, thrives in fast-paced environments
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Unmatched sense of urgency
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect