What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 75, Inc is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist to join our biology team. Rank will be matched to the level of experience.
This individual will be part of the team that is responsible for the design and execution of cell-based assays for testing the activity of biologicals. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of biologics in a highly collegial environment.
- Build expertise in the biological systems and cell biology of our therapeutic targets.
- Develop cell-based systems for target validation and early-stage screening of candidate antibodies and other biological molecules.
- Characterize gene expression in mammalian cells using techniques such as flow cytometry, microscopy, and qPCR.
- Have a key role in development of functional assays to evaluate therapeutic molecules.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop sensitive high-throughput and automated assays for testing of the activity of biologicals.
Experience and Capabilities
- PhD in biology, biological engineering, or related field. 2+ years of postdoc or industry experience is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of tools to manipulate gene expression in mammalian cells, such as stable and transient transfection, CRISPR/Cas9, or small RNAs.
- Experience developing assays for biological function, such as phenotypic assays, measuring signal transduction, differential gene expression.
- Willingness and ability to share occasional weekend cell culture duties.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and mentor junior researchers (as needed with team’s expansion).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to leaders, teams, academic collaborators, or partners.
- Excited to have a key role in biological platform innovation in the fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.