Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna, Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics, Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences, and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a Senior Manager or Associate Director to drive the Upstream Process Development (USPD) team to establish manufacturing processes for our platform. The candidate will directly manage a team of scientists to develop, optimize, and scale cell culture processes and support their transfer to cGMP facilities. The candidate will serve as an upstream subject matter expert when interfacing with internal and external collaborators on developmental as well as regulatory efforts. We prioritize driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of process development.
- Lead cell culture and upstream process development activities to optimize processes for the production of viral vectors, viruses, and virus-like particles
- Design and execute key experiments to support development goals using Quality by Design (QbD) principles
- Lead a team focused on optimization and development of novel methods in production of gene therapy vectors
- Evaluate, develop, and implement new technologies to Ring’s Process Development and Manufacturing platforms
- Work closely with the Platform Development and Translational teams to enable platform acceleration and scale-up
- Establish and oversee external project and scientific collaborators and contract research, development, and manufacturing organizations
- Hire, manage and mentor staff. Plan and assign duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives. Provide guidance and direction to staff; establishes expectations, defining roles, supporting career development and managing performance.
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- PhD +3 years, MS +5 years, or BS +7 years industry experience or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, virology, biochemistry or related field
- Expertise in cell culture and gene therapy or viral vector production, process scale-up, and manufacturing
- Experience with Quality by Design (QbD) and Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology
- Demonstrated ability to author and review regulatory filing (IND, BLA, MAA) sections
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.