Flagship Labs 69, Inc.
Senior Research Associate/Scientist, Cell Biology/Immunology
FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created nearly 100 scientific ventures that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
We are looking for a creative and highly motivated bench scientist to join our Functional Genomics team. The ideal candidate has good understanding of immunology and cell biology and has considerable hands-on experience with development and troubleshooting of in vitro functional assays. The successful candidate will develop and perform in vitro cell assays to support ongoing mid- and high-throughput screening projects and will contribute to advancing our Functional Genomics capabilities.
- Develop cell-based assays to support high-throughput functional genomics experiments
- Perform high-throughput CRISPR KO and cDNA over expression screens in human cell lines and primary cells
- Engineer human cell lines (KO, knock-in, over expression)
- Contribute to development of automated processes and advanced assay technologies
- Collect and interpret data and present to small and medium-sized groups
- BS with 7-10 years or MS with 3 years of experience in Cell Biology or Immunology; industry experience is preferred
- Proficiency with in vitro cell assay development
- Experience with variety of readout technologies, including FACS, ELISA, qPCR, cell proliferation and cell killing
- Experience and knowledge in lentivirus production and cell transduction
- Experience with pooled CRISPR screening is a plus
- Strong experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including documentation in a laboratory notebook