FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created nearly 100 scientific ventures that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Molecular Biologist to join our Functional Genomics team.
The successful candidate will work with FL69 scientists to develop and support our in-house cloning capabilities. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in molecular biology, and proficiency with Golden Gate, Gibson assembly and library cloning. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Cloning and QC of oligo libraries
- Design and construction of complex plasmids for mammalian biology
- Develop and execute automated cloning pipeline when needed
- Validate and implement new molecular biology techniques; innovate to improve method efficiency, and reduce cost
- Work with Computational Biology team to design oligo arrays
- Independently summarize, analyze, and present work internally
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to solve complex problems
- BS/MS in Biology related field and at least 3-10 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with pooled cloning techniques is strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Golden Gate and Gibson assembly
- Experience with PCR, RNA and DNA purification, restriction, ligation
- Experience with single guild RNA design and oligo array design is a plus
- Experience with E.coli techniques is required
- Skilled in sequence design and analysis software (BLAST, SnapGene, Benchling, TIDE etc.)
- Experience with NGS library preparation is a plus
- Strong experimental design, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and organizational skills to work as part of a team