Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a Scientist in Vector Core Testing to join our Technical Operations team to lead the sample analysis of gene therapy vectors to support Research, Development, and Non-clinical collaborators. The candidate will work closely with a team of scientists to produce, purify, and analyze Ring’s novel anelloviruses and vectors to enable company-wide research activities. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of vector production and analysis.
- Manages, performs, and troubleshoots viral vector analytical methods such as but not limited to qPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, endotoxin, and other molecular or cell-based assays
- Maintain various cell lines for infectivity or in vitro potency assays
- Support the design, implementation, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments in collaboration with Technical Operations, Research, and Translational teams
- Manage and mentor junior staff by planning and assigning duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives. Provide guidance and direction to staff and collaborators.
- Maintain meticulous records of batch analyses, analytical parameters, and analytical data; manage sample flow from incoming sample arrival, testing execution, and data analysis, review, and delivery to stakeholders
- Manage vector lab organization, inventory, and equipment maintenance, and perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and developing relationships with thought leaders
- PhD, MS (+2 years relevant experience), or BS (+4 years) in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, virology, or related field
- Hands-on experience in the execution and analysis of viral vector analytical assays such as qPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, and cell-based assays
- Strong organizational, time management, and lab notebook upkeep skills, and careful attention to detail
- Working knowledge of mammalian cell culture, transfection, chromatography, and UF/DF unit operations for the production of biologics or viral vectors
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment