Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-dosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a structural virology Scientist to join the Platform and Biology team to help develop new DNA medicine technologies. The candidate will apply structural virology and protein biochemistry methods to help design, build, characterize, and optimize engineered viral vectors. The candidate will design experiments, perform experiments, analyze and present data. The candidate will interface with equipment companies, research institutes/universities, and contract manufacturing organizations as required to accelerate the development effort. This will be a great opportunity to participate in cutting-edge structural virology, viral genome engineering, and synthetic biology. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the viral platform development.
- Expression and characterization of recombinant viral proteins at research scale
- Develop protocols for purifying viruses or viral vectors
- Develop analytical methods appropriate for viral vector production (electron microscopy, SEC-MALS, DLS, or other biophysical methods)
- Supervise research associates supporting key research objectives
- Maintaining lab notebooks, and reporting data and analysis results to the scientific team
- Ph.D. in structural virology, biochemistry, or related field.
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings.
- Experience with development of chromatography-based purification techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.