Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate to join the Platform and Biology team and support our viral protein and particle purification and characterization efforts. This experienced BS- or MS-level researcher will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory procedures related to virology and protein biochemistry. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform. The ideal candidate will have experience transfecting mammalian cells, purifying recombinant proteins using chromatography techniques and protein biochemistry assays including SDS-PAGE gels, western blots and ELISAs. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects within the Structural Biology team.
- Perform mammalian cell culture procedures, including transfections, cell passaging, thawing and freezing of cell stocks.
- Perform protein purification procedures using standard chromatography techniques and equipment (AKTA FPLCs).
- Perform analytical procedures such as SDS-PAGE, western blotting, ELISA and SPR/Octet.
- Participate in experiment design and data analysis.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams, clearly documenting and communicating results (i.e., laboratory notebooks, presentations, writing reports).
- BS, MS or equivalent in a science program (e.g. protein biochemistry, virology, etc.)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a research laboratory setting. Industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with recombinant protein purification, preferably chromatography-based.
- Familiarity with molecular biology procedures such as designing and cloning expression vectors.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.