Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist, High-Throughput Screening to participate in functional genomics screening to support target discovery.
As a Senior Research Associate or Associate Scientist, you will work with Scientists and other team members, developing and implementing target identification and deconvolution methods. You will be engineer cell lines through CRISPR technologies and collaborate cross-functional with the data science and other teams throughout Inzen.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. Your efforts will enable our teams to discover novel targets that could need to develop life-changing therapies.
- Play a key role in developing and implementing target identification and deconvolution methods into the Inzen target discovery platform.
- Support the engineering of cell lines and assay development for functional genomic screens
- Develop and execute functional genomic screens – arrayed and/or pooled
- Optimize screening workflows using automation and analysis pipeline in collaboration with our data science group.
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, chemical biology, bio-engineering, or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with any of the following genetic screening methods are required: CRISPR screening, shRNA, and/ or siRNA
- Familiarity with liquid handlers and lab automation is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in target validation using in vitro pharmacology and biochemical/ biophysical methods is considered a plus.
- Must have strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment
- Adaptability, resourcefulness, and strong verbal communications skills will be necessary to integrate into this team environment
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.