Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Biotech Data Curator to support our growing research programs through superior data science.
As a Biotech Data Curator you will be an integral part of creating a Digital Backbone for a modern biotech company. Our research is driven by ever-growing data sets that are gathered from a variety of internal efforts and external providers. You will be working in close collaboration with our bench scientists to categorize samples, experiments and data using systematic nomenclature as well as ensuring the data is properly input into our growing database. You will also collaborate closely with the Data Science team to build out tools for proper data analysis of new formats. You will also be contributing to putting together new data visuals for publications and presentations.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company.
- Work closely with lab scientists to categorize samples, experiments, and data using systematic nomenclature
- Work closely with lab scientists to properly deposit data into databases
- Work closely with data scientists to build tools necessary for reading new data formats
- Work closely with data and lab scientists to build meaningful data visualizations
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library science, biology, information technology or a related field with 2 years of experience of relevant data experience
- Strong organizational skills a must!
- Understanding of systematic vocabularies and ontologies is required
- Familiarity with R or other programming languages preferred or possess a strong desire to learn programming languages
- Must have a strong attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment
- Adaptability, resourcefulness, and strong verbal communications skills will be necessary to integrate into this team environment
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.