Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Biotech Data Engineer to support our growing research programs through superior data science.
As a Biotech Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of creating a Digital Backbone for a modern biotech company. Our research is driven by ever-growing data sets that are gathered from a variety of internal efforts and external providers. Your mission will be to federate and harmonize this data to answer our core research questions in service of curing a scope of human diseases ranging from cancer to age-related degeneration. Your efforts will help Inzen to recognize unique opportunities in the therapeutic landscape and drive rapid decision-making as the company grows.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company.
- Work with laboratory and data scientists to develop appropriate data models to warehouse and analyze a wide variety of data types
- Create and administer database systems that are purpose-built for biotechnology research
- Develop ETL processes to capture semi-structured laboratory data into data systems
- Ingest or scrape relevant data from third-party sources
- Work closely with a data curator to develop and implement metadata standards and ontologies that capture appropriate analytical terminology
- Develop and maintain APIs that allow data scientists to flexibly interact with Inzen's data
- Provide analytics and basic data visualizations as needed to support biological sciences and business development at Inzen
- Ensure that Inzen's data conform to FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) for data and laboratory scientists alike
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- MS + 3 years of experience or BA + 5 years of experience in a data engineering field
- High proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, and graph database architectures
- Strong proficiency in programming (Python preferred) to generate pipelines, APIs, and IaaS; R experience a plus for interaction with data scientists
- Strong proficiency in AWS RDS tools and general AWS cloud-based architecture
- Working knowledge of biological sciences research, biotech industry experience a plus
- Ability to do some full-stack development to rapidly prototype applications and provide visualizations
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.