Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Target Discovery team.
As a Scientist or Senior Scientist, you will leverage your subject-matter expertise in phenotypic screening to identify and validate novel disease targets across multiple therapeutic areas. You will design and execute cell-based experiments, incorporating unique data sets. You will work collaborative across multiple functions within Inzen as well as with external partners.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. Your novel target discoveries have the potential to lead to major breakthroughs within our drug discovery research.
- Develop phenotypic screening protocols for complex, cell-based assays using leading edge technologies and integrating lab automation to ensure robust and reproducible data
- Design cell-based experiments using genetic and pharmacological manipulation of pathways and proteins in relevant cell systems to identify and validate novel targets.
- incorporate "omics" data sets
- Collaborate closely with the disease areas groups, computational discovery group and the drug discovery group to drive a large pipeline of hits to multiple development candidates.
- Report goals, objectives and the results to the internal and external team members to help guide the direction of research and development
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Ph. D. in Biochemistry, biology, molecular biology, chemical biology, bio-engineering, or relevant discipline with 2 or more years of relevant industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing assays to profile compounds using mechanistic and functional readouts, as well as hands-on experience with CRISPR and RNAi for target validation is required
- Experience in automation of cellular assays is required
- Familiarity with High content imaging-based approaches to interrogate compound effects on phenotypes of interest is preferred.
- Must have experience and ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to decision-making.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior verbal/presentation communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.