Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Scientist/Senior Scientist to lead our protein research efforts for our early drug development programs.
As a Scientist or Senior Scientist, you will leverage your subject-matter expertise in protein science to produce proteins needed for assay execution. You will design and execute biochemical experiments. You will serve as the primary point of contact for protein production, scale up and biophysical characterization at our CRO’s. You will work collaborative across multiple functions within Inzen as well as with external partners.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. Your efforts will have a lasting impact to our development programs leading to future success in the clinic.
- Produce proteins for biochemical assays
- Oversee protein production CROs in protein expression development and scale up
- Develop biochemical assays
- Oversee biophysical characterization at CROs
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, biology, molecular biology,or relevant discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience protein production or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with characterizing enzymes and developing biochemical studies is required
- Experience with biophysical characterization of proteins and protein small molecule complexes is strongly preferred
- Must have experience and ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to decision-making.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior verbal/presentation communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.