Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology
We are seeking an experienced and talented professional to join a first-in-category organization who will be a hands-on senior talent acquisition professional. The Talent Acquisition Lead will drive key recruiting best practices and initiatives and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of recruitment. This person will be a trusted and visible talent advisor and business partner to hiring managers, hiring teams and business leaders. S/he will leverage technology and proactively discover new and innovative channels for identifying top talent with a view on both short and long-term needs.
- A full cycle recruiter, s/he will provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer stage including, evaluating skill level, driving the interview and (often complex) offer process, reference checks, compensation recommendations and the closing of candidates.
- Serve as a trusted Talent Partner by building strong relationships with hiring managers, HR and finance to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process.
- Partner with hiring managers to thoroughly understand the company goals, build talent sourcing strategies and execute with a sense of urgency.
- Effectively manage external search/sourcing partners/research firms as needed.
- Ensure strategic use of talent systems (ATS, CRM, AI Talent Platform).
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of hiring practices and suggest best in class process improvements along the way.
- Utilize, update and maintain Talent Acquisition tools and systems, e.g., ATS, CRM.
- Establish and utilize recruiting reports, metrics, and analytics to keep all stakeholders informed throughout the recruiting process as well as to identify trends, manage performance and measure TA effectiveness to ensure efficiency and quality of the hiring process.
- Identify and champion new and innovative approaches to diversity and inclusion.
- 5+ years recruiting/sourcing experience preferably in R&D within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Proven ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting and hiring process from end to end.
- Strong business acumen with a deep understanding of how great talent impacts business strategy.
- Proven success at building strong credible advisory relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-motivated professional who has a strong work ethic, agility, and grit to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, innovative often ambiguous environment and is driven by results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with developing recruiting strategies and executing innovate sourcing strategies, techniques, tools and results e.g. direct sourcing/cold calling passive candidates, market intelligence gathering, target company/organization mapping and org charting, pipeline building.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence and build support for ideas and initiatives.
- Exceptional candidate assessment skills and behavioral interviewing techniques
- A learner. Intellectually curious. Passionate about science.
- Team player. Able to contribute to the overall goals of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Advanced degree preferred.