Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Associate Director to drive early drug development programs forward from target validation to clinical candidate. You will work across multiple therapeutic areas and projects, providing scientific advisement to the design and execution of studies, including assay development. You will frequently communicate with and manage the relationships of CROs and other vendors, making sure projects are on track, driving them to completion. You will also lead a small team of biologists, assigning projects, managing performance, and providing training to new and existing team members.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. You will be essential to the progress of our small molecule and antibodies programs into clinical development
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a strategy of assays to support drug discovery projects across multiple therapeutic areas, including HTS assays, biochemical and cellular assays, and biophysics.
- Ensuring delivery of robust high and medium-throughput assays to support drug discovery through internal group and CRO relationships.
- Management of assay development CROs and internal scientists.
- Work with multiple disciplinary teams, including chemists, DMPK experts, toxicologists, and translational scientists, on progressing small molecules and antibodies into clinical development.
- Provide direct oversight to the biology drug development team, including performance management and new and existing staff training.
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Ph.D. in Enzymology, biology, or biochemistry and 5+ years' experience in leading a team in Pharma/biotech setting within drug development is required.
- Early drug development experience required
- Experience in oncology or immuno-oncology is preferred.
- Experience with the discovery of mAb therapeutics is desired but not required
- Experience working with diverse scientific teams, serving as a project lead required.
- Experience with prioritization of multiple projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey complex messages to many audiences.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.