Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine BiologyTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We seek an experienced Manager with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills to serve as the Head of Lab Operations and maintain Inzen labs and operations.
The Manager plays a vital role in the overall organization, operation, and safety of the lab. You will collaborate with R&D members to provide general support for their studies. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in the laboratory and team management. They will be well versed in permitting, training, and reporting requirements set forth by local, state, and federal regulations. Most importantly, the right candidate will be confident, passionate, execution-focused, team-oriented, and have a can-do attitude and the ability to motivate others.
- Participate in the planning and design of Inzen’s new facilities.
- Lead planning and project management of moves and build-outs.
- Oversee procurement and inventory management, including implementation and maintenance of lab inventory system. Handle ordering of standard supplies, including consumables, liquid nitrogen/cell storage, chemical reagents.
- Oversee lab safety and operational protocols; effectively communicate and enforce safety rules; conduct orientation and annual safety training for all lab personnel.
- Oversee facility operations, including equipment sourcing, procurement, maintenance; managing/tracking biohazardous and chemical waste; and maintaining overall lab organization and cleanliness.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers; serve as primary emergency response contact.
- Assist project teams on general operational and coordination issues, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science program preferred (e.g., biology, chemistry, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience managing biology research laboratories or similar facilities
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with database/spreadsheet experience
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.