What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship VL59, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company leveraging novel insights in RNA biology. Flagship VL59’s proprietary platform identifies novel disease targets and develops new therapeutic modalities targeting RNA, providing new strategies to treat or cure a range of diseases including rare genetic disease, neurological disease, and oncology.
Flagship VL59, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a cell biologist to join our passionate team of scientists. The position will have the unique opportunity to take an active role in building our cell based assay systems for testing new medicines. The cell biologist will design and execute compound testing and assay development for targets discovered by our proprietary insights into RNA biology.
Successful candidates will be self-starters, able to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented team environment and display a clear passion for science and impact. The individual will have demonstrated evidence of agility and nimbleness to progress scientific discoveries, and an overt attitude of positivity when facing challenges. The candidate will be dedicated to develop and grow outside his/her comfort zone by constantly learning.
- Design, execution and troubleshooting cell-based and molecular biology assays to support target ID/validation and advance disease programs in rare disease and oncology
- Develop and optimize compound testing workflow
- Analysis, interpretation, documentation and presentation of data to scientific and management team
- Oversee, mentor and train research associates
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with key opinion leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific and strategic vision of the company
- Ph.D. in Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of post-doctoral research or industry experience is preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, stable cell line generation, and transfection/transduction techniques (cDNA, CRISPR, Lenti-virus)
- Expertise in cell-based assay development and compound testing
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA manipulation, and PCR-based assays
- Experience in next generation sequencing (NGS) technology is preferred
- Experience working with animal models and running in vivo assays is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Confident, execution focused, and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment