Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Our team is looking to tackle some of the biggest challenges in lipid nanoparticle drug delivery and we are looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join our delivery group. The Scientist will be responsible for the development and optimization of lipid nanoparticle formulations for in vitro and preclinical studies for a variety of novel applications. The candidate will work closely with delivery biology, process and other cross functional internal teams. We are searching for self-motivated and creative individual who understands the current limitations of lipid nanoparticles and is excited to work on overcoming those limitations. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a rapidly growing and highly collaborative team to develop new lipid nanoparticle formulations for drug delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience with formulation optimization, characterization and downstream assays for a variety of novel payloads and will work closely with other individuals from delivery biology, chemistry, analytics and platform teams at Tessera. In addition, the candidate will contribute to high level planning for the delivery group and represent the formulation team in cross functional discussions within Tessera.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry plus 5+ years relevant industry experience, or a PhD in Organic Chemistry with 0-3 years academic postdoc or industry experience.
- Experience formulating and optimizing nanoparticle drug products containing nucleic acid payloads of a range of sizes and compositions.
- Deep experience in the current state-of-the-art nanoparticle characterization techniques including DLS, NTA, HPLC, stability assays, etc.
- Creativity in development of novel nanoparticle assays to probe nanoparticle or payload biodistribution and delivery kinetics.
- Experience with different approaches for building specifically targeted nanomedicines.
- Commitment to keeping up to date with the trends and advances in the nanoparticle drug delivery field.
- Good skills in using Microsoft suite of products and good written, communication and presentation skills
- Independent and creative thinking, with attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently within a dynamic team and deliver results
- Prior experience with genetic medicines
- Experience with lipid chemistry and the design of new lipids for delivery applications
- Understanding of drug delivery chemistry and biology
- Experience with high throughput screening and assay development as applied to LNP formulation
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.