Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Senior Scientist or Principal Scientist, Viral Immunotherapy, to advance our viral immunotherapy programs.
As a Senior or Principal Scientist, you will leverage your subject-matter expertise in viral immunology and oncolytic viruses to advance drug development programs forward. You will design and execute experiments to validate new drug candidates, moving forward into preclinical research and proof-of-concept studies. Over time, you will lead the development of a novel platform evaluating immune response to viral therapies.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. You will lead projects that will enable high-quality research outcomes that will one day lead to giving hope to underserved patient populations.
- Advance Inzen's viral immunotherapy programs, both for cancer and vaccination. Lead strategy and planning of early-stage research programs, including identifying, evaluating, and championing new ideas and technologies.
- Design experiments and generate data to support viral immunotherapy drug candidates
- Develop a platform evaluating the immune responses to viral therapies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists and research associates within Inzen
- Lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners.
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Ph. D. in Immunology, Virology, Cancer Immunotherapy or relevant discipline with 5+ years of experience in translational research or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess expertise in Viral Immunology, Oncolytic Viruses, and Innate immunity demonstrated by scientific publications in high-impact journals.
- Experience in Cancer Immunology or experience working with viral vectors is preferred but not required.
- Must have experience and ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Experience with scientific project management required.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior verbal/presentation communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.