Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Principal Scientist, Autoimmune Disease, to launch our autoimmune disease research program and contribute to early drug development.
As a Principal Scientist, you will leverage your subject-matter expertise in inflammation and autoimmune disease to formulate ideas on applying our platform to develop novel therapeutic approaches to treating autoimmune disease. You will design and execute research in new model systems to evaluate the potential of your innovative ideas and validate new targets, moving forward into preclinical research and proof-of-concept studies. Over time, you will be building out a team to support this new research area.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. You will be a founding member of key research are and contribute to strategic decision-making and initiatives that will one day lead to giving hope to underserved patient populations.
- Generate ideas for potential applications of Inzen’s platform in autoimmune disease
- Design and build model systems (in vitro and in vivo) to test autoimmune disease hypotheses
- Validate new targets and therapeutic concepts in autoimmune disease
- Build out an autoimmune disease group overtime as the program matures
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Ph. D. in Immunology or relevant discipline with 5+ years of experience in preclinical autoimmune research or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in testing hypotheses related to autoimmune diseases in both in vitro and in vivo systems is required
- Experience with assay development to evaluate the immune response to diverse stimuli is a must!
- Having a working knowledge of the role of the immune system in fibrosis and tissue damage and familiarity with biologics or cell therapies to treat autoimmune disease is strongly preferred but not required
- Must have experience and ability to think critically and develop creative ideas to contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior verbal/presentation communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.