Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and vital driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM plays a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of many important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating ThanokineTM Biology to treat cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Due to the expansion of our R&D capabilities, we are currently on the hunt for a skilled Associate Director to serve as the subject-matter-expert for all in vivo pharmacology projects, both internally and externally. You will work across multiple therapeutic areas and projects, providing scientific advisement to the design and execution of in vivo studies. You will frequently communicate with and manage the relationships of CROs and other vendors, making sure projects are on track, driving them to completion. You will also build out and manage a new in vivo pharmacology team to support internal research efforts.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. You will be essential to Inzen establishing its first animal vivarium and internal in vivo capabilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Inzen’s in vivo pharmacology studies, both internally and externally
- Provide scientific input into the design and execution of in vivo mechanistic and pharmacology studies
- Manager relationships with CRO’s and other vendors supporting studies
- Build and manage an in vivo pharmacology group to support internal research efforts.
As a Strong candidate, you will possess:
- Ph. D. in Immunology, Pharmacology, Cancer biology or other related field and 7 years of experience in the biotech/pharma industry or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Extensive experience with pharmacology and mechanistic in vivo models in oncology and immuno-oncology, including syngeneic, xenograft, and PDX, is required
- Demonstrated experience building in vivo pharmacology, preclinical data packages is a must!
- Experience with maintaining study documentation and writing reports to support regulatory filings is required.
- Experience with pharmacology models for autoimmune disease and fibrosis is preferred
- Must possess the ability to adapt to and leverage your superior problem-solving skills in a face-paced environment and the flexibility to change priorities as needed.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills required to persuade cross-functional teams to make decisions based on sound scientific expertise.
- Experience in building a team and managing day-to-day priorities is strongly preferred
Inzen Therapeutics and Flagship Pioneering are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.