Who We Are
Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
Machine learning-powered protein generation is at the core of Generate’s platform. We aim to upend the traditional approach to drug development towards one characterized by intentionality, surgical precision, and speed by developing methods for protein generation that can reliably generalize across biological functions, disease areas, and therapeutic modalities.
We are seeking a creative and motivated DevOps Engineer to build the advanced computational platform required to achieve our ambitous goals. The successful candiate will join the Informatics/IT team at Generate and work closely with ML scientists, Structural Biologists, and Computational Biologists to implement a scalable platform that rapidly advances our scientific programs.
- Design, implement and maintain Generate’s compute platform, enabling ad-hoc data analysis, model design, development, and experimentation, as well as flexible and dynamic large-scale parallel computation
- Develop solutions to compute scaling, infrastructure automation & orchestration, data storage and data transfer
- Contribute to Generate’s IT Security Program and Business Continuity policies and procedures
- Maintain awareness with commercial tools & industry best practice, and champion new solutions internally
- Deploy and maintain systems on AWS
- 6+ years of experience in development and system administration
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills and history of success in fast and dynamic teams
- Strong working knowledge of AWS infrastructure, cloud architecture, and networking
- Experience with Terraform and CI/CD tools (Gitlab)
- Demonstrated experience managing scalable compute infrastructure (EKS/Kubernetes + Docker)
- Strong experience with Linux system administration, scripting (Python, Bash), and file share infrastructure (SMB/CIFS, NFS)
- Demonstrated understanding of IT and Cloud Security best practices