Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated Scientist that can help advance our scientific mission. This person will join our Molecular Assays team and be responsible for the design, planning, and execution of NGS and other types of nucleic acid assays that support our strategic scientific direction.
- Plan, design, execute and improve critical assays with a focus on the broad use of NGS and other nucleic acid technologies
- Collaborate with scientific and informatics teams to design, perform, and interpret both NGS and additional molecular assays that directly support research activities, project goals, and platform development
- Design, implement, optimize and verify automation protocols
- Train users to be effective with automation protocols
- Work with a dynamic team and cross-train with other team members
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks and reporting data and results to the scientific team
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology or related field with 3+ years of industry experience is required
- Prior experience with NGS library processing and Illumina instrumental run is required
- Basic knowledge of NGS data analysis
- Prior experience with the development and execution of automation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep good experimental records
- Excellent communication skills, ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications, if you have these it would be a plus:
- Experience with non-NGS based molecular assays, including imaging
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays
- Hands-on analysis of raw NGS data
- Experience with gene editing, gene therapy, or single-cell sequencing technologies
More About Flagship Pioneering:
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).