Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
Generate Biomedicines is looking for a talented individual to join the target binding team within our growing Protein Sciences department. The target binding team characterizes protein-protein binding interactions across a wide range of modalities for all project teams at Generate. This includes high-throughput screening as well as high precision characterization using ELISA, BLI (Octet), SPR, and flow cytometry. The successful candidate will be responsible for translating project needs into appropriate target binding assays and delivering data that drive project team decisions. Optimize usage of existing resources, instruments, and workflows, while also identifying new opportunities for method development and instrument onboarding. Explore new technologies and develop methodologies to bring on-line HTP binding assessments with non-traditional soluble antigen technologies, including VLPs, nanodisks, and soluble membrane preps. They will also have the opportunity to work closely with team members across Generate to collaborate on protein purification, analytical characterization, biophysical characterization, biological function assays, data collection for machine learning, etc. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, start-up environment with an employee-centric culture.
- Provide guidance and expertise to project teams by selecting appropriate techniques for measuring protein-protein binding interactions of interest and interpreting data.
- Maintain and enhance instrumentation and workflows for measuring protein-protein binding interactions.
- Provide direction to junior-level researchers in techniques of measuring protein-protein binding interactions.
- Plan and execute protein characterization at high-throughput scale.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the target binding group at Generate to maximize the value of our machine learning platform.
- Demonstrated expertise in method development and data analysis for measuring binding kinetics.
- Deep expertise and scientific understanding of BLI and SPR, including practical experience running and maintaining state of the art instrumentation.
- Expertise in biophysical characterization and developability of proteins.
- Experience working in drug development and interfacing with colleagues with disparate scientific backgrounds.
- Experience working with liquid handling robots.
- Practical experience with computer logic and scripting is a plus.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.