Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly-motivated individual to join our Molecular Assays team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of various types of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and nucleic acid quantification experiments that support our strategic scientific direction.
- Execute various types of NGS (e.g. Amplicon-Seq, Unidirectional-Seq) and other nucleic acid assays (e.g. ddPCR, qPCR, qRT-PCR)
- Collaborate with various scientific and informatics teams to enable the assays team to support research activities, project goals, and platform development
- Work with a dynamic team and cross-train with other team members
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks and reporting data and results to the scientific team
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology or related field with 2+ years of industry experience is required
- Prior experience with NGS library processing and Illumina instrumental run is required
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with scientific teams
- Curious and motivated to learn other types of assays
- Detail-oriented with the ability to keep good experimental records
- Excellent communication skills, ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications, if you have these it would be a plus:
- Basic knowledge of NGS data analysis is a plus
- Prior experience with automation
- Experience with or exposure to HTS assays
- Experience with gene editing, gene therapy, or single-cell sequencing technologies
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.