Generate Biomedicines, Inc. is a Flagship backed, privately-held biotechnology company on a mission to reimagine the drug discovery process to one of dynamic, data-driven generation. We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. Generate will be successful by constantly turning innovative ideas into methods, technologies, and products that solve some of the most difficult challenges with developing medicines. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded by Flagship Pioneering. Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $30 billion in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 37 transformative companies, including: Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Indigo Agriculture, and Sana Biotechnology.
The Protein Engineering team is establishing high-throughput screening workflows that can generate internal datasets of sequence-function relationships to help improve Generate’s machine learning models. We are seeking a motivated and talented Sr. Research Associate to play a key role in implementing new screening technologies and executing on pipeline projects to drive progress of Generate’s therapeutic candidates. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists from the Computational Biology, Protein Sciences, and Medicines teams to advance scientific programs.
- Perform DNA cloning and library construction
- Execute yeast display screens and optimize proteins with desired properties
- Prepare samples for NGS and perform sequence analysis
- Support the development of additional screening platforms
- Work independently to design, interpret and troubleshoot experiments and communicate results to the team
- B.S or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biophysics or related field with at least 2 years relevant experience
- Proficiency with molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and DNA purification required
- Experience with phage or yeast display and antibody engineering strongly preferred
- Experience with protein characterization techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, SPR, BLI) preferred
- Familiarity with NGS sample preparation beneficial
- Ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot problems
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and strong communication skills
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.