What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent break through technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 75, Inc is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Scientist to join our Protein Sciences and Antibody Discovery team. This individual will be part of the team that is responsible for the design and expression of therapeutic bispecific antibodies and other cell-lines and protein reagents. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of biologics in a highly collegial environment.
- Contribute to the discovery design and production of antibodies and other biologics molecules of interest to the company
- Clone/generate plasmid DNA constructs for expression of therapeutic and other proteins using standard and seamless cloning techniques
- Establish antibody discovery workflows including phage display technologies
- Perform biochemical and biophysical assessments of discovered antibodies
- Partner collaboratively and seamlessly with the in vivo and biological sciences teams to effectively investigate new candidate molecules.
- Present results and conclusions and next steps clearly and succinctly to the team.
- Support, mentor and grow direct reports (Research Associates).
- Maintain clear, accurate written records of laboratory procedures, results and conclusions.
- PhD or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, or related disciplines with 2+ years of relevant experience in biotech/pharma.
- Comprehensive background in protein structure/function with hands-on experience in antibody engineering/optimization and protein expression, purification and characterization, and expertise in assessing protein activity and drug developability.
- Strong expertise in display-based technologies, humanized mouse platforms and other antibody discovery tools
- Experience in gene design, vector construction, and protein expression.
- Experience in cell culture and large-scale transient transfections for protein expression.
- Experience with SDS-PAGE, HPLC, ELISA, Octet, SPR, flow cytometry/FACS.
- Experience with mass spectrometry is a plus.
- Possession of strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly convey results and scientific data to senior leaders, teams, academic collaborators and partners.
- Experience in project leadership, driving strategy and timelines
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.