What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
Montai Health was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, funds, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship manages more than $2 billion in funds and has applied its hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster over 75 scientific ventures, including Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RUBY), and more. Flagship’s portfolio companies have aggregated over $19 billion in value, 500+ issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Montai Health is seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated (Senior) Formulations Research Associate to join us in developing a transformative platform for small molecule delivery. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generate diverse nanoparticle formulations (lipid, other);
- Characterize and functionally test nanoparticle formulations using chemical & cell-based assays;
- Perform routine analytical testing to characterize formulations, and perform stability studies;
- Independently troubleshoot, solve - problems, and propose solutions related to experiment design and execution;
- Maintain thorough and detailed and organized records of multiple simultaneous projects;
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Experience with small molecule loading of liposomes, or related vesicles;
- Experience with physicochemical nanoparticle characterization (e.g. particle concentration, size, zeta potential);
- Experience with HPLC quantification of small molecule encapsulation;
- Experience with colorimetric and fluorescence-based molecular biology techniques;
- Ability to learn and adapt new techniques, and multi-task;
- Ability to rapidly analyze experimental data and present conclusions;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills and ability to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team.
- BS or MS in molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, biological/chemical engineering or a related discipline;
- 1+ years professional laboratory experience, experience working in industry is a plus;
- Enthusiasm for science and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced research and development effort;
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced work environment
- ‘No task too small’ attitude and strong work ethic;
- A strong self-starter, results-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
Location: Cambridge, MA